NEED HIM GLOBAL
For more information about your personal walk with Jesus Christ, contact the counselors at 888-NEEDHIM or visit their website for a live chat and other resources.
ANSWERS IN GENESIS
Founded by Ken Ham, AIG has great articles and resources that point to the infalibiilty of God's Word right from Genesis 1:1. Great apologetics resources in helping to understand and articulate why you believe what you believe. - AIG website
LAMB AND LION MINISTRIES
Founded by Dr. David Regan, Lamb & Lion provides training and resources about Christ in prophecy. - Lamb & Lion website
THAT THE WORLD MAY KNOW
Ray Vanderlaan founded "That the World May Know". He is a Bible historian and theological expert, provides excellent video resources that teach about all aspects of the Old and New Testaments. - Ray Vanderlaan's website
What would you say if you were to die tonight and God asked you, "Why should I let you into my heaven?" Were you a good person? Did you try to do right things and follow the rules? All of those things are great, but they are not enough.
Many people are comfortable talking about God, but most get nervous when Jesus' name is mentioned. There are many resources available to you through your local church and Christian book resource center that can help moms learn more about who Jesus is and what it means to be a Christian. However, to give you a brief summary about the basic belief points of accepting Jesus and living as a Christian, share the following ideas with your friend.
1. God created the world and everything in it in six literal days, including people as his "special" creation. God gave people the breath of life, which means we received living souls. Genesis 1 & 2
2. God is the ultimate author of the infallible 66 books of the Bible; speaking through 40 socially diverse and divinely inspired authors over 1,500 years of history. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
3. God can only be with people in a perfect relationship and when Adam and Eve sinned against God, that fellowship was broken, even though they were and we are still his children. Since this time, no fully human person has lived a perfect life and people have been separated from God because of sin. Genesis 3
4. God gave us the promise of reconciliation in that a descendent of Eve would bridge that separation and reconcile sinful people to to Him through His Son. Genesis 3:15; Romans 5:17
5. Jesus came into the world as a baby who was fully human and fully God. He lived a perfect life, taught his followers how to live the Christian life, and then gave himself as a final and perfect sacrifice on our behalf so that we might be reconciled to God. I John 1:1-18; Romans 5:9-11; John 14:6
6. When we acknowledge that we are sinful, believe that Jesus died to cover our sins, and confess that Jesus is the Son of God and accept Him as our personal Lord and Savior who gives us the gift of salvation, we become followers of Christ. Romans 3:22-24; Ephesians 2:8-9; I John 1:5-9;
7. We now define ourselves as Christians and seek to live according to God's Word with the counsel of the Holy Spirit. John 14:26-27; Romans 8:1-17; Ephesians 5:8-10; Galatians 5:22-23